Board Certified Neurologist and Expert Witness
Expert WitnessForensic Expert
Dr. Rubensteinís areas of expertise include:
Headaches, concussions, epilepsy, whiplash, discogenic disease, peripheral nerve injury, fibromyalgia, TOS, reflex sympathetic dystrophy, carbon monoxide poisoning, electrocution, dementia, traumatic brain injury, behavioral disorders, trauma, ms/Parkinson's disease, fitness for duty, and long-term disability.
Litigation Support Services
Dr. Rubenstein provides litigation support services to legal counsel, including case evaluations, medical records review, written reports, and expert testimony.
Areas of Expertise
Neurologist, Adult and Pediatric Neurology Branch, Naval Regional Medical Center, Oakland, California, 1974-76
Associate and Acting Chief, Neurology Service, Martinez Veterans Administration Hospital, Martinez, California, 1976-77
Practice of Clinical and Forensic Neurology, Plaza One Office Building, 3220 Blume Drive, Suite 151, Richmond, California, 1978-present.
Dr. Rubenstein has been involved in more than 500+ cases including 300+ depositions, 30+ trials and 20+ arbitration hearings.
California State License Certificate G 26537, 1973-present
Alaska State License Certificate 3809, 1997-present
Fellow in Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine, 1971-74
Assistant Professor of Neurology in Residence, University of California at Davis, 1976-77
Consultant in Neurology, Martinez Veterans Administration Hospital, Martinez, California, 1978
Assistant Clinical Professor of Neurology, University of California Hospital, San Francisco, California (UCSF), 1979-94.
Seminars & Training
1. Conduction Aphasia with Normal Praxis, presented at the San Francisco Neurological Society meeting.
2. Metastatic Neoplasms of the Spinal Epidural Space, presented at the San Francisco Neurological Society meeting.
3. Neurological Complications of Mycoplasma Infections of the CNS, presented at the Western Federation of Neurological Sciences meeting.
4. American Conference Institute Automobile Insurance Claims and Litigation Conference. Featured speaker on spinal cord trauma and traumatic brain injury.
5. California Department of Transportation Annual Tort Conference. Featured speaker on mild traumatic brain injury.
6. UC Hastings College of the Law, guest lecturer on role of the medical expert in litigation proceedings.
1. Rubenstein, R., and Benson, D.F., Treatment of Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (submitted to Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry)
2. Rubenstein, R., Treatment of Pituitary Microadenomas, Lancet 2:460, 1977
3. Rubenstein, R., and Satyamurti, S., Conduction Aphasia with Normal Praxis, (Submitted to Cortex)
Available upon request.
B.A. (Honors major in Biology), Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts, 1962-66. Doctor of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 1966-70. Straight Medical Internship, St. Elizabeth's Hospital of Boston, Tufts University Medical Service, 1970-71
Junior Assistant Resident in Neurology, Boston University School of Medicine and Affiliated Hospitals' Neurology Residency Program, 1971-72
Senior Assistant Resident in Neurology, Boston Veterans Administration Hospital, Boston City Hospital Pediatric Neurology Service, 1972-73
Senior Resident and Chief Resident, Boston Veterans Administration Hospital, Boston University Hospital, 1973-74