Safety-OSHA Expert Witness: Forklift, Aerial Lift, Slip/Fall, Ladder, Scaffold, Work Zone
Expert WitnessForensic ExpertSpeaker
Safety Priority Consultants, LLC offers safety training, OSHA compliance consulting, litigation consulting, and expert witness services.
Over 750 client organizations in more than 30 states and internationally since 2000.
Areas of Expertise
Skid Steer Bobcat, Flagger, Whistleblower, FELA Railroad
Mr. Chip Darius provides safety training and OSHA compliance consulting services for business, industry, construction, utilities, and emergency services.
Chip is an experienced litigation consultant and expert witness for legal cases involving catastrophic injury, fatality, personal injury, and workplace safety -- plaintiff and defense, state and federal court. Testimony experience in depositions and in court. CV available upon request.
Chip is president of Safety Priority Consultants, LLC. Established in 2000, Safety Priority has served over 750 client companies in more than 30 states and internationally.
Areas of safety specialty include:
• Teaching, training, instructional design.
• Accident/incident investigation.
• Forklifts and material handling safety.
• Slips, trips and falls involving floors, steps, curbs, stairs, walkways, platforms and work at heights.
• Amputation, crush, machine injuries and machine safeguarding.
• Fall protection and work at heights.
• Ladders, scaffolds, platforms, aerial boom lifts, scissor lifts.
• Workplace and job site inspections and audits.
• Flaggers, temporary traffic control and work zone safety.
• OSHA compliance plans, assessments, and reports.
• Over 25 years experience in safety & OSHA compliance consulting and training.
• Over 15 years as Instructor for the OSHA Training Institute Region 1 Education Center at Keene State College, teaching OSHA regulations courses.
• Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer, teaching both Construction and General Industry programs.
• Accomplished teacher, writer, trainer, and facilitator.
• BS and MA degrees from The University of Connecticut.
• Adjunct Faculty, Fitchburg State University.
• Occupational Hygiene & Safety Technician (OHST).
• Certified Environmental Safety & Health Trainer (CET).
• Forklift Safety Technician (FST).
• Certified Safety & Health Official (CSHO) - both Construction and General Industry.
• Scaffold Competent Person Trainer.
• Certified Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder.
• Flagger Instructor and work zone safety trainer, ATSSA and NSC.
• SafeStart behavior based safety trainer.
• Emergency Care First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor Trainer.
• Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) since 1980.
• Presenter at international, national, regional and state conferences.
• Selected 9 times as "one of the best" expert witness & litigation consulting firms, as voted by Connecticut attorneys in Connecticut Law Tribune.
• Faculty for the SEAK National Expert Witness Conference in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
Safety Priority Expert Witness Services
Safety/OSHA Training Services, Litigation Support
Safety/OSHA Consulting Services, Expert Witness
Safety Priority Consultants, LLC Events Calendar
Clients of Safety Priority Consultants, LLC
Contact Safety Priority Consultants, LLC
Safety Priority Consultants, LLC in the Social NetworksLinkedIn
See Profile section
• American Society of Safety Professionals
• American Traffic Safety Services Association
• Associated General Contractors of America
• Connecticut Construction Industries Association
• National Association of Safety Professionals
• National Environmental Safety & Health Training Association
• National Fire Protection Association
• National Floor Safety Institute
• National Safety Council
• Scaffold & Access Industry Association
• Utility Safety & Ops Leadership Network
BS, University of Connecticut, 1985.
MA, University of Connecticut, 1988.
Instructor, OSHA Training Institute Region 1 Ed Center, since 2002.
Certified OHST - Occupational Hygiene & Safety Technician.
Certified CET - Certified Environmental, Safety & Health Trainer.
Certified FST - Forklift Safety Technician.
Certified CSHO - Certified Safety & Health Official - both Construction and General Industry.
Certified EMT - Emergency Medical Technician, since 1980.
Certified Scaffold Competent Person Trainer.
Certified Walkway Auditor Certificate Holder.
Authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer - Construction and General Industry.
Awards & Honors
Faculty for SEAK National Expert Witness Conferences 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018.
Named "One of the Best" litigation consulting and expert witness firms 9 times in annual surveys by Connecticut attorneys and law firms, as voted in Connecticut Law Tribune.
Seminars & Training
Detailed CV available
Detailed CV available
Professional and legal references available upon request.
B.S., University of Connecticut, 1985
M.A., University of Connecticut, 1988
Multiple certifications and certificates.