Increase Client “Switching Costs”
By Legal Expert Connections, Inc. Legal Marketing, Expert Marketing, Attorney Marketing, Lawyer Marketing
Call By Margaret Grisdela, Legal Expert Connections, Inc. at (561) 266-1030
Are you offering cookie-cutter legal services to your clients? Think about it for a minute. If you are, chances are that your client can easily go to a competitor who promises lower rates and/or higher service levels.
If, however, you can integrate your legal services with your client’s business operations, it will be much more difficult for your client to leave for another law firm.
Situations that increase your clients’ switching costs include:
• Technology platforms that give clients convenient online access to important legal documents
• Specialized country or industry expertise, even if achieved through a legal network
• Annual or periodic legal audit services to measure industry regulatory compliance
• Access to a highly credentialed legal expert
• Jointly-developed custom legal programs that save the client time and money
• Pricing or bundling packages that encourage multi-year services
Evaluate switching costs from your client’s perspective. The higher the perceived cost, the greater the pricing and profitability leverage you can reasonably achieve.
Copyright 2007 Margaret Grisdela, Legal Expert Connections, Inc.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: By Margaret Grisdela, Legal Expert Connections, Inc.
Margaret Grisdela is the Founder and President of Legal Expert Connections, Inc., a legal marketing firm specializing in marketing and business development in the legal and litigation support markets.
Copyright Legal Expert Connections, Inc. More information about Legal Expert Connections, Inc.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide legal advice as individual situations will differ and should be discussed with an expert and/or lawyer.
For specific technical or legal advice on the information provided and related topics, please contact the author.