multiple keywords such as "cell phone"; "police procedures"; etc.
Valuation Experts for the Telecom, Media & Satellite Sectors
Summit Ridge Group, LLC provides a range of valuation services in the telecom, media and satellite sectors. Services include business appraisal/valuation, fairness opinions, custom research and litigation support. We provide these services for a range of client needs including transactional support, financial reporting, financial analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis, regulatory support and litigation support/expert witness testimony. Our engagements frequently involve elements of more than one of the services. A due diligence project or a litigation support assignment, for example, may involve regulatory analysis and/or have a significant valuation component. Our deep industry focus means that we can rapidly get up to speed on a client’s issue and allows us to complete projects rapidly and thoroughly
We execute projects in a variety of subsectors within the satellite communications, media and telecom sectors including: direct broadcast satellite (DBS), fixed satellite service (FSS), new media, machine to machine (M2M), mobile broadband, mobile satellite service (MSS), satellite broadband, spectrum analysis, very small aperture terminal (VSAT), Wi-Fi, wireless voice and data, wireless towers, white space and others. Feel free to contact us to discuss your needs in greater detail.
Litigation Support Services
Area of expertise include financial, economic and valuation issues related to the satellite and wireless industries including:
* Broadband communications;
* FCC spectrum licenses (including orbital slot valuation and wireless spectrum valuation).
* Satellite communications industry and related media and telecommunications topics; and
* Wireless communications.
Analytical services offered include:
* Financial and Economic
* Asset valuation;
* Business valuation;
* Financial analysis of economic damages; and
* Financial scenario analysis.
Areas of Expertise
Broadband; Telecom; Wireless; Satellite Communication; VSAT; FSS; MSS.
Summit Ridge Group, LLC brings diverse functional perspectives and deep industry expertise in the telecom, media and satellite sectors as well a capital markets perspective to clients’ projects. The ability to provide this unique multi-layered approach is rarely found within consulting firms of any size and yields optimal results for our clients.
In addition to our deep industry expertise, we have broad functional expertise that includes a unique blend of consulting, securities analysis, transaction and regulatory experience. This combination “fills the gap” between traditional investment banking, research, legal and consulting service providers and yields optimal results for our clients in a single firm solution.
Summit Ridge Group, LLC in the Social NetworksFacebook Twitter LinkedIn
J. Armand Musey is the president and founder of Summit Ridge Group LLC. Mr. Musey specializes in the satellite, media and telecommunications industries. He has a unique blend of equity research, investment banking and consulting experience since 1997. Armand has completed dozens of financial valuation, strategic analysis, business development, corporate governance and business plan creation assignments in the communications industry and has experience working on numerous financing and M&A transactions. His involvement with a wide breadth of companies has allowed him to develop a deep understanding of a range of media and telecom issues and the complex web of relationships underlying the sector’s competitive dynamics and associated regulatory issues.
Armand was a managing director and the lead research analyst covering the satellite communication industry for Bank of America, and later Solomon Smith Barney. In 2003, Armand became president of Near Earth LLC, a boutique investment bank specializing in the satellite, media and telecom industries. He started Summit Ridge Group in 2007.
* Admitted to the Bar in the State of New York;
* Former Holder of the following securities licenses:
- Series 7 (General Securities Agent);
- 63 (Securities Representative); and
- 24 (Securities Principal) licenses (until 2009).
Legal Experience & Services
We are proud to have been selected by some of the country’s most prominent law firms, including several Am Law 25 firms, to support their clients’ most important cases. Our cases have ranged from post-M&A fallout litigation, to arbitration before the U.S. Copyright board to orbital slot valuation to criminal insider trading. Examples of out expert witness experience are included under the "Case Studies" section of our website (http://SummitRidgeGroup.com). Please contact us to discuss other experience relevant to your specific situation.
* CFA Institute;
* New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA), Chair of Corporate Governance Committee 2007-2009);
* American Society of Appraisers;
* New York Bar Association;
* Pacific Telecommunications Council; and
* The Federal Communications Bar Association (Co-chair of NY Chapter 2016-2017).
* Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
* Admitted to the Bar in the State of New York;
* Completed dozens of financial valuation, strategic analysis, business development, corporate governance and business plan creation assignments in the communications industry and has experience working on numerous financing and M&A transactions; and
* Selected by some of the country’s most prominent law firms, including several Am Law 25 firms, to support their clients’ most important cases.
Awards & Honors
Armand earned numerous honors as a research analyst including:
* Named to the Institutional Investor “All American” team three times (2000-2002);
* Wall Street Journal “All Star” team; and
* Ranked as the #1 satellite industry analyst by Greenwich Associates.
Seminars & Training
* MBA and JD programs at Northwestern University;
* CFA Program - a three year self-study program with three daylong exams. Roughly the the equivalent to a one year graduate program in a combination of financial analysis, valuation, economics and portfolio theory;
* Internal securities analysis training at Merrill Lynch, Banc of America and Salomon Smith Barney;
* Completed American Society of Appraiser's business valuation and intangible assets valuation curriculum; and
* Passed national Uniform Standards for Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) exam;Valuation/business appraisal seminars given by the American Society of Appraisers.
• Broadcasting Licenses: Ownership Rights and the Spectrum Rationalization Challenge
Columbia Science and Technology Law Review (Spring 2012). 13 Colum. Sci & Tech. L. Rev. 307 (2012). Author: J. Armand Musey, CFA
• How the Traditional Property Rights Model Informs the Television Broadcasting Spectrum Rationalization Challenge
COMM/ENT: Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal (Spring 2012). 34 Hastings Comm. & Ent. L.J. 145 (2012). Author: J. Armand Musey, CFA
• From the Ground Up
While President of Near Earth LLC, Mr. Musey wrote monthly articles and oversaw production of a widely read monthly newsletter with analysis of issues in the satellite communications, media and telecommunications industries. (November 2005 to April 2007)
• Via Satellite
Mr. Musey wrote a monthly financial column for the leading satellite trade magazine, Via Satellite, titled “Dollars and Sense.” (August 1999 to March 2003)
• Wall Street Research
While working as a top-ranked research analyst, Mr. Musey published highly regarded analyses on the satellite communications and cellular tower industries. He issued, valuation opinions, buy/sell recommendations as well as quarterly earnings estimates. From 1997 to 2003, he published virtually every week, usually multiple times a week. His list of equity research publications exceeds 500 reports.
Mr. John Hane
Mr. Brian Weimer
Mr. Thomas Connally
Hogan Lovells LLP
BA (with Honors), University of Chicago
MA, Columbia University
MBA; Kellogg Graduate School of Management (Kellogg)
JD (Cum Laude), Northwestern University Law School
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)