Playground, Sports & Recreation Expert Witness
Al J. Heraghty - Total Sports Consulting Services, LLC
Commack, New York 11725
► Contact Al J. Heraghty - Total Sports Consulting Services, LLC
Expert WitnessForensic ExpertLitigation SupportSpeaker
Total Sports Consulting Services specializes in risk management programs for various types of sports, recreation and fitness activities as well as the preparation of expert opinions for both plaintiff and defendants, in conjunction with recreation and sport personal injury cases.
Areas of Expertise
Playground Equipment Accidents, Lacrosse, Playground Supervision, Recreation Accidents, Physical Education Accidents, Health Club Accidents, Fitness Centers, Fitness Equipment Accidents, Weight Room Accidents, Athletic/Sport Facility Accidents, Faulty Equipment, Lacrosse Accidents, Coaching Safety, Risk Management Planning, Sport Supervision, Athletics, Recreation, Health Clubs, Physical Education.
Sports & Recreation Expert Witness
FItness Facilities Operations Expert Witness
Field & Equipment Safety Expert Witness
Playground Safety Expert Witness
Alphonses J. Heraghty Bio, Litigation Support
Contact Total Sports Consulting Services, Expert Witness
Al J. Heraghty - Total Sports Consulting Services, LLC in the Social NetworksLinkedIn
SUNY Suffolk, Brentwood, New York
Professor / Academic Chairperson of Health & Physical Education – August 1999 – Present
- Teaching various Physical Education & Health courses
- Assuming full responsibility for classroom organization and management.
- Supervise faculty, program leaders and support staff in departmental unit.
- Designing academic class schedules and teaching assignments.
- Evaluating program viability through on-going review of existing courses and curricula.
- Recruiting and assisting in the selection of new full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Evaluating faculty and making recommendations to the Office of the Executive Dean.
- Providing for daily operation of the department by scheduling meetings, safety procedures.
- Preparing and managing the department's operating budget and assisting in facility improvements.
- Arranging for the readiness of facilities specifically assigned to the department.
SUNY Suffolk, Brentwood, New York
Fitness & Aquatics Director - July 2000 – August 2003
- Oversaw the maintenance, schedule personnel and operation of the fitness & aquatics facility.
- Developed and implemented safety standards and guidelines for the fitness and aquatics facility.
- Interviewed and hired staff for the fitness & aquatics facility.
- Trained and supervised all lifeguards and fitness monitors.
- Worked with Suffolk County Department of Health Services in aquatics facility.
- Implemented and promoted programs for the fitness and aquatics facility.
Northport Youth Lacrosse Club
Head Lacrosse Coach – May 2009 – July 2012
- Organized practice sessions, one-on-one coaching and conditioning.
- Organized game day preparation, sideline management and game day supervision.
- Designed and implemented play designs for offense, defense and special teams.
- Implemented safety procedures for all practices and games (First Aid, CPR, AED).
SUNY Suffolk, Brentwood, NY
Head Lacrosse Coach - April 2001 – May 2006
- Successfully started new program at the College.
- Managed recruiting efforts for future student athletes, including on-campus presentations and interviews.
- Managed fundraising efforts and related financial record keeping.
- Prepared budget and scheduling for upcoming season.
- Monitored student athletes academic progress (study halls, progress reports)
- Led program to the 2006 NJCAA National Championship game.
Assistant Lacrosse Coach - August 1997 – May 1999
- Oversaw student athlete physical conditioning, including design of conditioning programs.
- Assisted in fundraising efforts and related financial record keeping.
- Directly supervised student athletes' academic performance.
- Analyzed game films of competition and disseminates critical findings to appropriate team members.
- Assisted head coach in organization of practice; one-on-one coaching.
- Assisted head coach in planning of itinerary; play design, and game day supervision.
Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) The National Recreation and Park Association, License Cert #:24678-0817
- American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Education
- The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector – The National Recreation and Park Association
- Certified Supervisor for Outdoor Environments – National Program for Playground Safety
- Certified Interscholastic Coach - National Federation of State High School Associations
- CPR & First Aid, American Red Cross
Awards & Honors
SPECIALITY FOCUS: Playground Equipment Accidents, Playground Supervision, Recreation Accidents, Physical Education Accidents, Athletic Accidents, Health Club Accidents, Lacrosse Accidents, Weight Room Accidents, Athletic/Sport Facility Accidents, Faulty Equipment, Coaching Safety, Improper Supervision, Trampoline Parks. SPECIAL TRAINING: - Park Management and Liability Issues – Rutgers University - Athletic Field Maintenance and Construction – Rutgers University - Playground Safety Inspector Course (CPSI) - U101 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course - U101 Safety & Risk Management Course – USA Gymnastics - Project Adventure Workshop PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: - American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM) - National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) - SHAPE America - Society of Health and Physical Education - The National Recreation and Park Association
Seminars & Training
Workshops / Special Training:
- Park Management and Liability Issues – Rutgers University
- Athletic Field Maintenance and Construction – Rutgers University
- U101 Fundamentals of Gymnastics Instruction Course – USA Gymnastics
- U101 Safety & Risk Management Course – USA Gymnastics
- Project Adventure Workshop
- Playground Safety Inspector Course – The National Recreation and Park Association
Safety Strategies and Risk Management in Physical Education and Sports
- Massapequa High School Workshop – December 2015
Playground Safety: Keeping Kids Safe at Play / Risk Management in Physical Education
- Nassau BOCES Physical Education Consortium Workshop – November 2015
Safety Strategies in Physical Education & Sports
- Garden City High School Department of Physical Education & Athletics – September 2015
Risk Management in Physical Education & Athletics
- Nassau County Council of Administrators Workshop – May 2015
Risk Management Planning in Physical Education & Playgrounds
- Nassau BOCES Physical Education Consortium – April 2015
Negligence & Liability in Physical Education & Athletics
- Nassau Zone AAHPERD Conference – February 2015
Playground Risk Management & Safety
- Suffolk Zone AAHPERD Conference – November 2014
Playground Safety: Keeping Kids Safe at Play
- Eastern District AAHPERD Conference - February 2014
Risk Management in Physical Education, Sports & Playgrounds
- NYS AHPERD Conference - November 2013
Effective Lacrosse Drills for High School and College Coaches
- NYS AHPERD Conference – November 2012
Paul A. Croce II
Partner, Cooney, Scully & Dowling
Ten Columbus Boulevard
Hartford, CT 06106
Christopher J. Purcell
Reynolds, Caronia, Gianelli & La Pinta, P.C.
200 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway
Hauppauge, New York 11788
Siben & Siben
90 East Main Street
Bay Shore, NY 11706
Kreiner & Kreiner LLC
150 Essex Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
Harnick & Harnick
New York N.Y. 10007
Masters of Science in Education – Physical Education
SUNY Cortland, May 1999
Bachelor of Science in Education – Physical Education
SUNY Cortland, May 1997