SEO Expert Witness - E-Commerce, Internet, Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click Advertising
Peter Kent Consulting, LLC
Denver, Colorado 80209
► Contact Peter Kent Consulting, LLC
Expert WitnessForensic ExpertLitigation SupportSpeaker
Mr. Kent wrote the Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet in 1993, followed by a plethora of books about various aspects of online business and technology, including seven editions of SEO for Dummies since 2003. He has also created three SEO training courses for Lynda-com/LinkedIn Learning, and one course on selling products through the Amazon-com Marketplace. He also has one of the highest rated SEO courses on Udemy-com.
Mr. Kent has assisted in litigation, as both consulting and testifying expert, for two decades in cases that touch on Internet Technology and Digital Marketing. Cases include numerous patents (e.g., GeoTag; DDR v. Hotels-com), trademarks (Pinterest v. Pintrips, GEICO, Toys R' Us, Google), PPC (FreeCreditReport-com, Google), online defamation, and more.
Peter Kent Consulting, LLC provides the following services:
- Internet Expert Witness
- SEO Expert Witness
- Search Engine Optimization Expert Witness
- Search Engine Expert Witness
- E-commerce Expert Witness
- Online Commerce Expert Witness
- Online Marketing Expert Witness
- PPC Expert Witness
Litigation Support Services
Peter Kent Consulting, LLC provides Internet Expert Witness Services to law firms involved in litigation related to Internet technology and digital marketing.
Kent has worked on cases related to patents, copyrights, trademarks, defamation, contract disputes, unfair business practices, and more.
Areas of Expertise
- Digital Marketing
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Internet Development
- Internet Law
- Internet Marketing
- Law Firm Consulting
Amazon Page Hijacking
E-Commerce Site Development
Internet Technology Patents
Pay Per Click (PPC) Search Engine Advertising
Social Media Marketing
Technology Contract Disputes
Web Site Development
The best-selling author of SEO for Dummies and dozens of other Internet-technology related books, Peter Kent has been working online since 1984, and in technology since 1979. He was the founder of an e-business service provider funded by one of the world's largest VC firms, and of an Internet-related publishing company (he built his first ecommerce Web site in 1997), VP of Web Solutions for a national ISP, and VP of marketing for a Web-applications company. Since 2003, Mr. Kent has provided consulting services to literally hundreds of companies, large and small, in various areas of digital marketing, including projects for Amazon, Time Warner Cable / Roadrunner, Lonely Planet, Zillow, Avvo, Honey Baked Ham, Dunn & Bradstreet, and Tower Records.
Mr. Kent wrote the Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet in 1993, followed by a plethora of books about various aspects of online business and technology, including seven editions of SEO for Dummies since 2003. He has also created three SEO training courses for Lynda .com/LinkedIn Learning, and one course on selling products through the Amazon .com Marketplace. He also has one of the highest rated SEO courses on Udemy .com.
Mr. Kent has assisted in litigation, as both consulting and testifying expert, for two decades in cases that touch on Internet Technology and Digital Marketing. Cases include numerous patents (e.g., GeoTag; DDR v. Hotels .com), trademarks (Pinterest v. Pintrips, GEICO, Toys R' Us, Google), PPC (FreeCreditReport .com, Google), online defamation, and more.
About Peter Kent, SEO Expert Witness
SEO Expert Witness
E-commerce Expert Witness
Online Marketing Expert Witness
Pay Per Click Advertising Expert Witness
Contact Peter Kent, Law Firm Consulting Services
Peter Kent has an unusual mix of skills and experience: a combination of business experience, strong technical skills, extensive knowledge of the Internet, and real-world e-commerce experience.
* General Manager of a large legal-services Web site, with 1/2M+ pages
* Principal, iChannelServices & Peter Kent Consulting, LLC
* Founder/President of Top Floor Publishing
* Founder of BizBlast.com; President during fund-raising, Executive VP during operations
* VP for Web Solutions, Internet Commerce and Communications
Internet & E-commerce Experience:
* Consulting in a wide range of business areas, from retailing scaffolding to real-estate, law to teaching music, non-profits to travel
* Built and operated Top Floor Publishing's e-commerce Web site
* Founder of BizBlast.com, an eBusiness service provider assisting small businesses online
* Responsible for IC&C's custom Web design department and for development of Web-hosting and ASP services
* The author of the best selling book on Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Optimization for Dummies, along with Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies
Product Development & Technical Experience:
* Working in software development since 1981
* A wide range of software/hardware development roles—user-interface design, training, installation & maintenance, documentation, bug-testing
* HTML, Web-creation, and basic programming skills
Legal Experience & Services
Kent has Internet Expert Witness experience, providing reports, background research and training, and testimony in litigation related to Internet and E-commerce cases.
For instance, Kent has been involved in these tasks:
* Wrote a report related to the use of sound in Web sites during a patent dispute.
* In a trademark dispute between two ISPs, wrote a report discussing the use of PPC ads as a brand-advertising tool, and the likelihood of ISPs going out of business during the late 1990s.
* In the above case, was deposed related to the report, and testified in a laches defense hearing.
* Wrote a report regarding the similarity of two company names, and the degree to which these two Internet-related businesses overlapped areas.
* Worked on a report related to a domain-name dispute, in which a major media company was suing a domain-name company for registering domain names similar to its own domain names.
* Cryptocurrency Mining for Dummies
* SEO for Dummies (7 editions since 2003, previously Search Engine Optimization for Dummies, a best-selling book on SEO)
* Pay Per Click Search Engine Marketing for Dummies
* The Word 2003 Bible
* Poor Richard's Web Site: Geek-Free, Commonsense Advice on Building a Low-Cost Web Site (The most widely reviewed and praised title in computer-book history)
* Making Money with eBay, Yahoo!, and Google
* The CDnow Story: Rags to Riches on the Internet (w/Jason and Matthew Olim, the founders of CDnow)
* Poor Richard's Internet Marketing and Promotions: How to Promote Yourself, Your Business, Your Ideas Online (w/Tara Calishain)
* The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet (7 editions—on the Publisher's Weekly, Barnes & Noble, Software Etc., Baker & Taylor, and Ingrams computer-book best-seller lists; 100,000 copies sold in first 9 months)
* The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet: UK Edition
* Careers for Kids who Love Computers
* The Official Netscape Java1.2 Book
* The Official Netscape JavaProgrammer's Reference
* The Official Netscape JavaBook
* Using Netscape Communicator 4
* Using Netscape 3
* Using Netscape 2 for Windows 95
* Using Netscape 2 with Your Mac
* Discover Windows NT Workstation 4
* Discover FrontPage 97
* Making Money in Technical Writing
* Using Microsoft Network
* The Official Netscape JavaBook
* Using Internet Explorer
* PGP Companion for Windows
* The 10 Minute Guide to the Internet
* The Complete Idiot's Next Step with the Internet
* The Complete Idiot's Guide to the World Wide Web
* The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Internet with Windows
Available Upon Request
BA Hons., University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, 1978