Medical-Legal Cases Expert Witness
Richeimer Pain Medical Group provides medical-legal consultation for all Pain Management issues.
Common examples of these problems include:
- unsafe prescribing of pain medications
- improperly performed pain management procedures
- pain as an outcome of an injury
- complex regional pain syndrome (RSD) caused by injury
- impact of opioid pain medicines on judgment
Litigation Support Services
Richeimer Pain Medical Group's manager, Dr. Richeimer, has 7 years of experience providing medical-legal consultation to both plaintiffs and defense as well as expert consulting on a variety of medical-legal cases.
Areas of Expertise
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome; Spinal Injections; Impairment.
Dr. Richeimers triple board certification in pain management, anesthesiology, and psychiatry provide him with unique qualifications to assess issues related to pain and suffering, pain management and pain medications. He has extensive experience as a pain educator and public speaker which has been invaluable in his work as an expert consultant in medical-legal cases. Dr. Richeimer is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Psychiatry, and the director of the multidisciplinary pain management program at the University of Southern California.
CV of Dr. Steven Richeimer, Expert Witness
Richeimer Pain Medical Group News, Legal Consultant
Richeimer Pain Medical Group Legal Resources, Expert Witness
Contact Richeimer Pain Medical Group, Expert Witness
Richeimer Pain Medical Group in the Social NetworksTwitter LinkedIn
Current: Director of Pain Management at the University of Southern California
7 years of experience as a medical-legal consultant
Prior: Director of Pain Management at the University of California, Davis
5 years of prior private practice experience in pain management and psychiatry
California Medical License
Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
Diplomate, ABA with Subspecialty Certification in Pain Management
Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Psychiatry)
Diplomate, American Academy of Pain Medicine
Legal Experience & Services
Richeimer Pain Medical Group has provided expert consulting on a variety of medical-legal cases:
Malpractice regarding pain medications
Malpractice regarding nerve blocks and spinal injections
Malpractice regarding spinal pumps and stimulators
Effects of pain and pain medications on legal and personal decision making
Degree of impairment and disability caused by pain
Diagnosis and treatment of reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD or CRPS)
Diagnosis and treatment of back pain
- The Psychiatric Drug Handbook, Guze B, Ferng H, Szuba M, Richeimer S. Mosby, St. Louis, 1992.
- The Handbook of Psychiatry. Editors: Guze B, Richeimer S, Siegel D. Mosby, Chicago, 1990.
- Macres SM, Richeimer SH, Duran PD: Adjunctive Pharmacology for the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain; in, Warfield CA, Bajwa ZH (Eds): Principles and Practice of Pain Management, 2nd edition. McGraw Hill, in press.
- Macres SM, Richeimer SH: Understanding Neuropathic Pain: Pathophysiology and Treatment Modalities. Current Reviews in Clinical Anesthesia 19(2)14-20,1998.
- Macres SM, Richeimer SH: Review of Acute Postoperative Pain Management. Current Reviews in Clinical Anesthesia 19(14)147-156,1999.
- Richeimer SH: Pain Problems in the Emergency Room. Lifeline (Newsletter of California - American College of Emergency Physicians), September 2000.
- Richeimer SH, Case GA: Ethical Issues And Problems Of Trust In The Management Of Chronic, Nonmalignant Pain; in, Warfield CA, Bajwa ZH (Eds): Principles and Practice of Pain Management, 2nd edition. McGraw Hill, in press.
- Richeimer SH, Bajwa ZH, Kahraman S, Ransil BJ, Warfield CA: Utilization Patterns of Tricyclic Antidepressants in a Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic. The Clinical Journal of Pain 13(4):324-329, 1997.
- Richeimer SH: Evaluation of the Patient with Pain; in, Gershwin ME, Hamilton M (Eds): The Pain Management Handbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Diagnosis & Treatment. Humana Press, 1998.
- Richeimer SH, Macres SM: Psychological and Medical Complications of Chronic Pain Management. Seminars in Anesthesia 15(3):224-237, 1996.
Jan. 1994 - Dec. 1994--Fellow in Pain Management, Beth Israel Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology, Harvard School of Medicine
1991 - 1993--Resident in Anesthesiology, UCLA Department of Anesthesiology
1985 - 1986--Chief Resident in Psychiatry, Adult Inpatient, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
1983 - 1985--Resident in Psychiatry, UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute
1982 - 1983--Medical Internship, UCLA/Wadsworth VA Hospital
1978 - 1982--Doctor of Medicine, U.C. San Francisco, School of Medicine,
1974 - 1978--Bachelor of Arts, with Distinction, Stanford University, Program in Human Biology