Truck Accident Expert; Trucking Regulations Expert; Truck Incident Expert
Truck Accident & Incident Experts, LLC; dba/ Scott L. Turner Consulting
Naples, Florida 34106
► Contact Truck Accident & Incident Experts, LLC; dba/ Scott L. Turner Consulting
Expert WitnessLitigation SupportSpeaker
Scott's outstanding career of litigation has spanned from Hawaii to New Jersey, and North Dakota to Texas and nearly every state in between. Scott has served as an Expert in numerous State Supreme Courts, County Courts and United States District Courts throughout the United States, testifying as a liability expert in both Plaintiff and Defense matters.
Mr. Scott L. Turner provides the following services:
- Expert Witness Trucking Accidents
- Expert Witness Trucking Incidents
- Trucking Cargo Securement Failure
- Trucking Loading and Offloading Injuries
- Trucking Compliance Consulting
- Fatigue Driving - Hours of Service
- Trucking Mechanical Failure
- Trucking Brake Failure
- Trucking Inattentive Driving
- Cargo Tank Truck Accident
- Loading Dock - Fork Lift Injury
- Loading Dock Accident - Fork Lift Injury
- Hazardous Material Transportation Accident & Incidents
- Hazardous Material regulation; FMCSA and OSHA
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Transportation regulation; FMCSA and PHMSA
Offices in Naples, Florida; Columbia, New Jersey; Sergeant Bluff, IA (Nationwide Service)
Litigation Support Services
Complaint and Response to Complaint Development; Development of Deposition Line's of Questioning; Spoliation Prevention of Time Sensitive Evidence
Areas of Expertise
Trucking Accidents; Tank Truck Crash; Industrial Lift Trucks; Fork Lift Accidents; Fork Lift Injury; FMCSA; Loading Dock Injury; Hazardous Material Accident; Haz-Mat Accident
Highly qualified and well rounded expert opinions are supported by approximately 30 years of experience in the highly specialized field of a commercial motor vehicle (CMV, meaning truck) crashes and incidents, including 16 years at the helm of a national incident response company. Specializing in CMV crash investigation, CMV loading/offloading incidents, scene investigation and post-crash/incident CMV inspection/investigations, Scott's career of service includes response and investigation to well in excess of 1,000 CMV tractor-trailer crashes, 1,000 CMV loading/off-loading incidents, over 200 CMV cargo-tank truck crashes/incidents and a multitude of industrial setting incidents such as loading rack fires and/or explosions.
Trained in Level 1 FMCSA CMV roadside enforcement inspections and CMV post-crash inspections, Scott's in-depth knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, detailed and well written reports, in-depth knowledge of applicable standards of care and professionally delivered testimony can be a focal point of any civil or criminal litigation or arbitration where CMV crashes and/or transport-related matters are at issue.
In addition to Scott's years of experience responding to and/or investigating truck crashes, Scott spent several years behind the wheel as an 18 wheeler CMV tractor-trailer driver. In his overall driving experience, he was a driver of low-boys (flatbeds), dry-van trailers and cargo-tanks. During Scott's experience as a CMV operator, he became extensively experienced as to both driving, loading and offloading of van trailers, load securement on drop-decks (flatbeds) and cargo-tanks. The approximate total mileage driven as a CMV operator was in excess of 250,000.
During part of the years as detailed above, from 1995-2003 Scott was an adjunct instructor with the New Jersey State Police. In this specific discipline, Scott was a CMV crash specialist instructor for cargo-tank truck incidents and as an Instructor with a focus on CMV tractor-trailer crashes and recovery, including the Regulations.
Scott has inspected many Commercial Motor Vehicles for FMCSR (the Regulations) road worthiness as required by the FMCSA. Not only was he responsible for inspecting his own trucks in the late 1980's as pre and post-trip inspections, then overseeing a fleet of CMV inspections through the 1990's and 2000's, he eventually came to inspecting CMVs side-by-side with the New Jersey State Police at various CMV roadside enforcement inspections/weight stations. In addition, as aforementioned, Scott has responded to and/or inspected in excess of 1,000 CMV crashes.
Scott's CMV expert consulting career started in January 2010. It has provided him a rich experience whereas he has continued inspecting CMVs post-crash, crash scene/site investigations and inspections, litigation support and examining discovery documents and evidence, then pulling a seemingly impossible universe of documents together, then proffered into a well-constructed report in the most difficult and complex of cases. Having served as a CMV expert in numerous cases for both Defense and Plaintiff throughout the United States, spanning from Hawaii to New York and from Texas to North Dakota, Scott has earned an outstanding reputation as clearly indicated on the website testimonial section.
Continental US, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Alaska and the US Virgin Islands.
Scott L. Turner's Professional Experience, Expert Witness
Scott L Turner's Recognitions, Legal Consultant
SL Turner Consulting Client Testimonial, Expert Witness
CV of Scott L Turner, Legal Consultant
Truck Crash e-Library, Expert Witness
Contact SL Turner Consulting, Litigation Support
1993 -“ 2009; President/CEO HMHTTC Response, Incorporated (owned and operated a fleet of tractor trailers within HMHTTC Response, Inc.)
1995 - 2003; New Jersey State Police, Cargo Tank Truck Specialist Instructor
1995 - 2003; New Jersey State Police, HM Instructor for CMV Incidents
1991 - 1993; EPS, CMV Crash Response Manager / HM Management
1988 - 1991; Heavy Highway Construction Management (Hardroads/Della-Pello Highway Construction)
1985 - 1988; Professional CMV Tractor Trailer Driver/Owner-Operator
In excess of 1,000 CMV Tractor-Trailer Crashes
In excess of 1,000 CMV Loading/Offloading Incidents
In excess of 200 CMV Cargo-Tank Crashes
Motorcoach and Bus Crash Inspection/Investigation
Load Securement Failures CMV Flatbeds
Driver Qualifications; Hours-of-Service; Motor Carrier Fitness; CDL
Highway Construction Zone Crashes - CMV
Loading/Offloading Incidents (Loading Docks/Loading Racks)
Forklift Operations/Loading Dock
CMV Post Crash Inspections
FMCSA & PHMSA Regulatory
Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR)
Maritime Shipping Container/Chassis Incidents
Professional Accomplishments and Accolades:
Scott L. Turner, former 17-year president/CEO and founder of HMHTTC Response, Inc. had been actively involved in trucking crashes many of which involved hazardous materials emergency response since 1991. During this period Scott has become known as one of the Nation's foremost experts on truck crash response, with or without hazmat, including cargo tank truck emergency response and recovery, in addition to possessing a diverse background in response to all modes of transportation including railroad and air; however, in particular, trucking. Scott, in behalf of HMHTTC has presided over some of North America's most notorious hazardous material disasters such as, but not limited to: 1997 Federal Express air disaster, Newark Airport, NJ; 2001 Motiva's Delaware City 1.2 million gallon sulfuric acid disaster; Hart Senate Building Anthrax release; 2001 American Airlines air disaster, Queens, NYC; 2001 CSX Baltimore Tunnel train derailment; BASF's Freeport, Texas oleum tank car explosion and fire; G-4 Jet Crash in Teterboro, New Jersey; and the US Airways jet crash in the Hudson River, New York, January 2009.
- Winner of the 2006 NJBIZ Magazine "Business of the Year" Award
- Winner of the 2002 "New Jersey's Finest" Corporation Award
- Winner of the 2003 "New Jersey's Finest" Corporation Award
-Winner of the 2004 Ernst & Young "Entrepreneur of the Year”"Award
- Board of Advisors at Seton Hall University, Stillman School of Business, Entrepreneur Studies
- Recognized in 2002 as "Summerall's Success Stories" by Pat Summerall Productions
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Specialist Instructor; New Jersey State Police, HMERPU
- Cargo Tank Truck Response Specialist Instructor; New Jersey State Police, HMERPU
- Involved in the writing of "Hazardous Waste" video (by EFG, remake 1995).
- Involved in the development of "Are You Ready? Building an LEPC and the role of the Public Official" video (by NJSP and HMAC, 1996).
- Involved in the development and of "The Right Response, MC-307/DOT 407, Cargo-Tank Safety" video (by Union/Middlesex HMAC).
- Involved in the development and of "Intermodal Container Emergencies" video (by Emergency Film Group).
- Advisory on 1996 publication "Hazardous Materials Emergencies Involving Intermodal Containers, Guidelines and Procedures."
- Advisory on 1996 publication "Gasoline Tank Truck Emergencies, Guidelines and Procedures"
- Periodic speaker at Seton Hall University on Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Personally coordinated in excess of 1000 hazardous material incidents involving LTL and Trailer Load crashes and spills and over 200 tank-truck incidents.
- Former Member of Hazardous Materials Advisory Council (HMAC), Washington, DC
- Speaking engagements: American Law Firm Association (ALFA); Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA); National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC) annual conferences (Annual Safety Managers Conference, Annual Board of Directors meeting); NJ State Safety Council Annual Conferences; Middlesex County Fire Academy; Hazardous Materials Advisory Council's, Transportation Regulatory Compliance Enforcement Program; Marine Fire Fighting Task Force; Association of American Railroads (BOE); American Towmen's Association; Vessel Operators Hazardous Materials Association; Pennsylvania Hazardous Materials Association Annual Conference (HACC); California Regional Hazardous Materials Response Organizations (CRHMRO); etc.
Descriptive Certifications/ Training:
Institute of Police Technology & Management, Commercial Vehicle Crash Investigation
New Jersey State Police/USDOT Commercial Vehicle Inspections, Enforcement; Level I FMCSA
New Jersey State Police/USDOT Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspections, Enforcement; Level III FMCSA
New Jersey State Police/USDOT Roadside HazMat Inspections, Enforcement; PHMSA
New Jersey State Police Weights and Measures; Commercial Motor Vehicle
New Jersey State Police/USDOT Passenger Vehicle Inspection (Bus / Motorcoach)
New Jersey State Police, Highway Transportation Emergency Response Instructor
New Jersey State Police, Cargo-Tank Specialist, Highway Transportation Specialist Instructor
Tennessee MTA, North American Transportation Management Institute; Safety Supervisor Training
Tennessee MTA, North American Transportation Management Institute; Director of Safety Training
University of Findlay, Advanced Emergency Response Cargo-Tank Truck Crash
Bendix, Air Brake Systems - Operation and Maintenance
NJMTA Foundation Air Brake
University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Site Investigation
University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Site Investigation Supervisor
AAR/Bureau of Explosives, Rail-Tank Car Specialist
New Jersey State Police, Confined Space Operations-Trainer
Rutgers University, Traffic Control Coordinator Certified
Smith System Multi-Company Driver Trainer-Instructor Certified
National Safety Council; Defensive Driver Certified
*Additional relative certifications available upon request
Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC)
American Trucking Association (ATA)
North American Transportation Institute (NATMI)
Tire Industry Association (TIA)
Accident Reconstruction Communications Network (ARC)
National Academy of Sciences; Transportation Research Board (NAS;TRB)
Seminars & Training
American Law Firm Association (ALFA); Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA); National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC) annual conferences (Annual Safety Managers Conference, Annual Board of Directors meeting); NJ State Safety Council Annual Conferences; Middlesex County Fire Academy; Hazardous Materials Advisory Councilâ€™s, Transportation Regulatory Compliance Enforcement Program; Marine Fire Fighting Task Force; Association of American Railroads (BOE); American Towmenâ€™s Association; Vessel Operators HM Association; Pennsylvania Association Annual Conference (HACC); California Regional HM Response Organizations (CRHMRO); etc.