Provider of Nurse Expert Witnesses for Medical Litigation (RNs, NPs, CRNAs, CNMs)
A nurse expert witness is a licensed, registered nurse who is knowledgeable on the relevant standards of care for the nursing profession. The nurse expert performs a critical analysis of the medical records for a case and arrives at an opinion on whether or not the standard of care for nursing was breached. This expert may be called upon to provide testimony regarding any deviation from the standard.
Vera Juris provides attorneys with a nationwide network of nurse expert witnesses from almost every medical specialty. We can discuss your case at no cost to you to help you identify the appropriate nursing expert for your case.
Our nursing experts provide the following services:
- Define applicable standards of care for nurses
- Review medical records, depositions, evidence and applicable literature
- Objectively evaluate whether or not nursing care was rendered within acceptable standards of care
- Educate attorneys regarding medical facts and issues relating to a case or claim
- Prepare written reports on opinions regarding standard of care
- Provide testimony at trials, depositions, arbitrations, mediations and hearings
Areas of Expertise
Vera Juris is a national medical-legal consulting firm that provides nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants to medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys. We help both plaintiff and defense lawyers develop an informed understanding of the facts of healthcare delivery in medical cases and the resulting outcomes. Our team provides a complete array of medical-legal services related to medical record analysis and case reviews. We help attorneys cost-effectively achieve the best outcome for their clients by providing objective opinions on the quality of healthcare delivery.
Unlike most solo medical-legal practices, the Vera Juris team includes seasoned nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants with clinical experience in nearly every medical specialty so that we can provide efficient expertise on every case.
Here is how Vera Juris can deliver compelling value for an attorney involved in medically related cases:
Develop the Strongest Case and Best Result for your Litigant Clients
Your client has retained you to represent their case and deliver a desirable outcome. Through a rigorous review of medical records and related information, Vera Juris’ medical legal consultants can help you screen cases for merit, summarize records, assist with witness preparation, create demonstrative evidence, locate testifying experts and identify potential case weaknesses before opposing counsel does.
Gain a Clear Understanding of the Facts in Medical Cases
Medical records are a central piece of evidence in every healthcare case. Unfortunately, they can be extremely difficult to decipher and summarize. They are often full of unfamiliar abbreviations, contain illegible handwriting and may be voluminous, incomplete or altered by tampering. Our nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants are experienced medical professionals who know which documents to collect, how to interpret and summarize them and note the critical issues within the case. By using Vera Juris’ medical-legal consulting services, you can feel confident that you will develop an informed understanding of the quality of healthcare delivery and the resulting outcomes. This frees you to focus on the legal aspects of the case.
Realize a Better Use of Your Resources
Your law firm is a business and you need to use your assets efficiently. You need to keep your litigation costs to a minimum and focus on maximizing your productivity on your core competencies and increasing your case capacity. The professionals at Vera Juris can help you get the information that is critical to your cases in a cost-effective manner. Our legal nurse consultants are experts at assimilating medical case facts and are less costly than using physicians or full time staff. By freeing yourself of the burden of processing the medical records, you can realize tremendous time savings and focus on closing cases faster. By using the services of Vera Juris you will have a positive impact on your firm’s bottom line.
Leverage the Experience of an Appropriate Specialist
Unlike most solo medical-legal practices, the Vera Juris team includes seasoned nurse expert witnesses and legal nurse consultants with clinical experience in nearly every medical specialty. Healthcare is most often delivered by providers with specialized training in specific fields of medicine. Each field has its own unique language, acronyms, procedures and Standards of Care. When assessing a medical case it is much more effective and efficient to use a medical record reviewer with clinical experience in the field relevant to your client's case. The Vera Juris team includes seasoned legal nurse consultants with clinical experience in nearly every medical specialty. This allows us to bring focused expertise to every case.
Nurse Expert Witnesses for Medical Litigation
Legal Nurse Consultants
Request a Registered Nurse (RN) Expert
Request a Nurse Practitioner (NP) Expert
Request a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) Expert
Request a Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) Expert
Vera Juris - Provider of Nurse Expert Witnesses and Legal Nurse Consultants in the Social NetworksTwitter LinkedIn
Vera Juris offers comprehensive medical-legal services for medical malpractice, personal injury and product liability attorneys. Our legal nurse consultants are experienced medical professionals who know which documents to collect, how to interpret and summarize them and note the critical issues within the case. By using Vera Juris’ services, you can feel confident that we will develop an informed understanding of the quality of healthcare delivery and the resulting outcomes.
Our consulting work is superior quality. We deploy a systematic approach to medical case assessment by which our staff works together through a peer review process. Each report is reviewed by multiple medical legal consultants to ensure that all documents and recommendations are clear, thorough and objective.
We regularly customize consulting packages depending on the specific case or project needs and the phase of litigation. Here is a list of the services we offer:
• Educate attorneys regarding medical facts and issues relating to a case or claim
• Review medical records, evidence and applicable literature to determine the merit of a case
• Define applicable Standards of Care
• Evaluate cases for deviations from and adherences to applicable Standards of Care
• Assess alleged causation, contributing factors and damages
• Review, organize and summarize medical records
• Identify missing medical records
• Screen for record tampering
• Research the medical literature and apply this information to the case analysis
• Prepare chronologies of medical events and correlate them with the allegations
• Interview witnesses, experts and involved parties
• Identify, retain and interface with appropriate expert witnesses
• Serve as a liaison between attorneys, healthcare providers, testifying experts, witnesses, clients and other involved parties
• Aid in preparing demonstrative evidence and exhibits for depositions and trial
• Provide support in medical depositions including the preparation of questions and the review of testimony
• Coordinate and attend Independent Medical Examinations
All of our Legal Nurse Consultants and testifying experts are licensed medical professionals.
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants