Emergency Room Nurse Expert Witness - Legal Nurse Consultant
Our primary focus is the time and success of our clients. In cases of Medical Malpractice, the credibility of your ED nurse expert witness is paramount. We express profound truths in simple language, allowing you a better understanding of the emergency department, trauma, and critical care in the legal world. Our expertise allows us to gather important information or aspects to identify breaches in the standard of care and helps attorneys understand the medical aspect of the case, evaluate for merits of the claims, and prepare for trial.
Litigation Support Services
Providing specialized medical knowledge and insights during the pre-trial discovery phase of a lawsuit, depositions, and trial.
We assist in interpreting complex medical records to ensure that all parties have a comprehensive understanding of the medical evidence in the case.
Areas of Expertise
Emergency Room Nurse, ED Nurse, ER Nurse, Pediatric ER Nursing, Emergency Department Standards of Care, ED Medical Records, Sepsis, Hemorrhage, Triage, CPR, Heart Attack (STEMI), Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Sepsis, Overdose, Covid-19.
Providing nursing expertise in cases such as medical malpractice and personal injury. I thoroughly understand nursing standards of care and nursing issues specializing in emergency nursing. My professional services can be cost-effective and time-saving, making your workload more manageable, providing for a competitive edge to win legal cases. Services I can provide:
*Support for your cases with authoritative testimony
* Review and analyze medical records for deviations from the medical standards of care, and find key facts and issues
* Evaluate possible causation and damages
* Prepare written reports and simplify medical records
* Strong attention to detail, organizing, prioritizing, and working under a tight schedule
I am a Registered Nurse, a legal nurse consultant, and an expert witness. I have 25 years in nursing and over 22 years in emergency and critical care. I remain current and active in the emergency department. My experience ranges from telemetry, critical care, emergency nursing, and trauma. I provide a specialty focus in the emergency department with medical records review, medication errors, stroke, myocardial infarctions, sepsis, pediatric emergencies, COVID-19, and department standards of care.
California and Nationwide
YLNC Young Legal Nurse Consultant, LLC in the Social NetworksLinkedIn
• Over 25 years of Professional Nursing Experience.
• Over 22 years in Emergency Nursing and Critical Care, currently active in the Emergency Department setting.
• Over 10 years of Critical Care Transport, CCT RN, providing interfacility transport of critical and high-risk patients.
• Over 10 years experience as a Trauma team member at a Level II Trauma Center.
• Over 14 years of experience as a Mobile Intensive Care Nurse, MICN RN, in a large Community Hospital, Level II Trauma Center.
• Expertise in Adult and Pediatric Emergency Nursing, caring for a wide variety of illnesses in large community hospitals and level II trauma center.
• Strong analytical skills related to healthcare facts and issues.
• Able to communicate and interpret complex issues effectively.
• Thorough knowledge of Emergency Nursing standards of care.
• Detail-oriented, trustworthy, and strong clinical judgment.
Key Knowledge Areas:
• Specialization in Emergency Nursing for Adults and Pediatrics.
• Specialization in Critical Care and Trauma in the Emergency Department.
• Specialization in Critical Care Transport (CCT), Emergent interfacility transportation.
• Specialization in Advanced Cardiac Care and management of (STEMI), ST elevated myocardial infarction.
• Specialization in Strokes, Cerebral Vascular Accidents (CVA) or intracranial Hemorrhages, (ICH).
Registered Nurse, active license #577337, California
Legal Experience & Services
Serving as an expert witness for both plaintiff and defense cases in California and nationwide.
American Nurses Association (ANA)
Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC)
Bay Area Chapter of Northern California, Legal Nurse Consultants (BACNC/LNC)
Society of Trauma Nurses (STN)
American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
A skilled emergency nurse dedicated to the highest standards of excellence and an advocate for patient care. Nurse Young is a union steward representing and educating nursing staff and making sure policies and procedures are followed. She works well in high-pressure environments demanding hard work, self-motivation, strong clinical judgment, and detail orientation. Her experience provides a thorough knowledge of emergency nursing standards of care. She is able to communicate and interpret complex issues effectively, utilizing strong analytical skills related to healthcare facts and issues.
Awards & Honors
Nurse Young has acquired and maintained a national certification with the Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN) as a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) for 16+ years. She also maintains current certifications in ACLS, PALS, and BLS.
Seminars & Training
Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), current
Public Health Nurse (PHN), current
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), current
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), current
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS), current
American Heart Association National Stroke Certification, current
Diploma in Vocational Nursing, 1998
Mt. San Jacinto College, San Jacinto, California
Associates of Science in Nursing, 2000
Mt. San Jacinto College, San Jacinto, California
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2012
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, Utah