How to Publish Expert Witness Articles
Increase Your Visibility and Credibility
Publishing articles on HGExperts.com will enhance your reputation as an expert witness while increasing your visibility on the Internet.
Why Submit Articles?
Where Your Articles Will Appear
How to Get the Most From Your Article
Copyright of Your Articles
Duplicate Content Articles
How to Submit Articles
Here's an example of an article in our directory
Make Your Legal Resource Firm Visible to Searchers
As a HGExperts.com subscriber you will increase your chances of being found and selected by lawyers and networking partners when you publish articles in our directory. Through the use of short, pointed articles on a single subject you can accomplish the following:
- Help potential clients learn what you do best.
- Gain credibility as an "expert" in the eyes of potential clients.
- Show how your firm fits your potential clients' needs.
- Gain valuable, authoritative links to your website.
- Allows prospective clients to locate your listing and your website, from each article, long after publication.
- Demonstrate your expertise in a subject area.
- Improve your networking visibility with potential national and international attorney clients.
Where Your Article Will Appear on HGExperts.com
- On the HGExperts.com home page - Your article will appear on the "recent articles" list where it can be seen by visitors the day after it has been approved for publication.
- In the searchable Legal Experts Directory - Your article will remain in the directory as long as your legal resource firm is listed on HGExperts.com providing valuable traffic to your website long after you write it.
Make the Most of Your Article Marketing Exposure
Focus your article:
Write many short, focused articles dealing with one specialty area only rather than one long article that tries to cover everything your company can do. Between 500 and 1,000 words is a good average length for each article. Your potential clients are searching for help in just one area. The more closely you appear able to solve their particular issue, the more likely they are to click through to learn more about your firm and eventually hire you.
Include this in your article body:
Write a concise one to three sentence excerpt of your article that answers the question "who should read this article and what major benefit will they get from it if they do?" Use the body of your article to demonstrate your expertise in the subject area, not to "sell" your services. Show potential clients how you have solved problems like theirs, or what your company represents instead.
Include this in your author biography:
Use your author biography as a chance to sell readers on the idea of clicking through to learn more about your company and services by including these basics:
- Your name and firm name
- One to three sentences on your unique expertise in the area of the article
Promote your article:
Advertise on your website, or in emails sent to current clients to alert them when one of your articles has been approved and published on HGExperts.com. This "third party" endorsement increases your credibility in the eyes of potential clients and gets them back to your listing where they can learn more about the services you provide.
Article marketing has proven to be a long term business builder for legal professionals in all expertise areas and in all countries of the world. You and your company can reap the benefits of listing an unlimited number of articles in our directory at no additional charge.
*This feature is available only to Premium Listing subscribers.
Copyright of Your Articles
By submitting an article you acknowledge that you retain full copyright to your work and you agree that HG.org and HGExperts.com may feature it on our Websites as long as we provide you with proper credit.
Duplicate Content Articles with Canonical TagIf your articles are already published on the Internet (on your own website for example), we will add what is called a Canonical Tag. It will tell search engines that the article is a duplicate and the copyright of the article belongs to the site linked by the canonical tag. You will still benefit from HGExperts.com quality traffic and will retain the original copyright of your work.
You will be able to add the Canonical Tag when submitting your article from your HGExperts.com account.
Articles - Editorial GuidelinesPlease adhere to the following editorial guidelines when submitting your legal articles to HGExperts.com:
- Duplicate Content
Do not repost articles or submit content that is simply reworded/rewritten. Instead, update the content of articles that have been previously published elsewhere.
- Spamming Content
Refrain from repeating keywords. Keep in mind that your article needs to be informative, written for the visitor and potential client, not search engines. Articles that attempt to manipulate search engine results with use of repetitive keywords will not be published.
- Article Format
Enter your article content as plain text, properly formatted. HGExperts.com does not support hyperlinks, charts, graphs, images or any other "non-plain text" content within the body of your article. Additionally, after saving your article, please take a moment to preview it and make any necessary edits should you determine that the format of the text is obviously incorrect or otherwise unwieldy.
Do not add a website URL, address, phone number, nor email address to any of the article fields, including About the Author.
- Article Length
We accept normal length articles. No novellas, mini-books or the like. We ask that you keep the article to one or two pages (preferably one) and no shorter than three good-sized paragraphs.
- Article Content
Your article must be on a topic associated with your expert witness field of knowledge and should be written to be informative to the lay person. Please do not include the names of any individuals, with the exception of public persons (such as celebrities, politicians, etc.)
- Self-promoting Article
If the sole or main purpose of your article is to directly invite readers to contact your company, it will be considered self-promoting and will only appear on your listing's article page and will not be posted in our legal articles sections.
Each article is reviewed by our editors and may be removed or may undergo minor edits without notification. If an article needs more extensive review, you will receive an email inviting you to make changes. You can then request that the posting be removed from your list of publications.
How to Submit Your Articles:
- Sign in if you are a registered user or list your firm if you do not have a HGExperts.com account.
- In your account, under the title "Promote your Firm" please click on "Submit/Update an Article".
- On the Article Management page, click on the Submit an Article button.
- Type your Article Title in the Title field. (Maximum 110 characters. Please capitalize all nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs.)
- Type your first paragraph into the Introductory Text field. This text will be bolded in the article. (Maximum 500 characters)
- Paste your plain text article (minus the first paragraph), into the Body field.
- Select the appropriate choice(s) for medical, legal, marketing -related article.
- Enter the name of the author(s), either the firm name or the attorney name(s), whichever you prefer in the Author(s) field. (Do Not enter a URL or email address in this field.)
- Include a link to your Google+ profile in the applicable field*.
- An Author Bio is optional, but bear in mind it's another great opportunity to "sell" your company.
- Premium subscribers can choose to enter a URL to link your article to a relevant page on your website. *Please note if you have a paid Premium Listing, a link to your website home page is already added automatically at the beginning of your article.
- Click once on the Save this Article button.
Articles are reviewed by our team and are online within 8 business days after submission. Premium subscribers have priority of review.